Proteus is part of the University Research Computing Facility.
Thing 0 - NO DATA BACKUPS AT ALL
URCF DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY FORM OF BACKUP FOR USER AND RESEARCH GROUP DATA. DATA BACKUP IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH USER OR GROUP.
For some suggestions on backing up data, see Backup Solutions.
Proteus is online. Please report irregularities to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Next scheduled downtime: Wed Aug 9, 2017 09:00am -- 06:00pm
Staff Out of Office
- Job Script Example 06 Caffe created
- Caffe 1.0 deep learning framework (CPU-only) is now available
- Python 3.6.1 compiled with both GCC and Intel ICC is now available
- Backup Solutions article updated with information on Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive
- Microsoft R Open 3.3.3 (formerly known as Revolution Analytics R) installed
- Abaqus 2017 installed
- Matlab R2017a installed
- Parallel Environments article created
- Workaround for MPI issues found
- Updated Matlab article to address multithreaded processing
- GROMACS 2016.2 compiled with the Intel compilers + MKL has been installed
- Univa Grid Engine has been updated to version 8.4.4
- Official web page https://drexel.edu/research/urcf is frozen for a site-wide update by the Office of Research.
- Text entry (e.g search) in the mobile view of this wiki is broken
- Password change after expiration is broken. See Introduction to Using_Proteus#Changing Passwords. Please email urcf-support for a manual reset.
- 4 AMD nodes are offline
URCF Proteus Documentation Wiki
You can login here with your Proteus account: select drexel_urcf in the dropdown menu on the login page. Please feel free to create and edit articles if you wish.
Documentation is being created as we go along. Please see the Recent Changes page for updates.
System Information and Policies
- Proteus web portal, showing current cluster status including job queue. The qstat command provides more information.
- Facility Description for Proposals
- Proteus Hardware and Software
- Job Scheduling Algorithm
- Introduction to Using Proteus
- Grid Engine Quick Start Guide
- Recommendations for Jobs
- Miscellaneous Tips
- Installing Software for Your Research Group
- Frequently Encountered Problems
- List of Online Resources
- Articles here are collected into Special:Categories
See also all the articles in the Category:Quick Start Guides
Other Online Documentation
Please contact URCF support via the issue tracking system:
This ensures a record is kept of your request and all work done for it.
Please copy and paste any input you typed and resulting error messages in your email. Do not summarize, or try to reproduce the message from memory.
See also: Frequently Encountered Problems