Proteus is part of the University Research Computing Facility.
PROTEUS will have scheduled maintenance shutdown on Wed, Sep 09, 2015 09:00 AM -- 11:00 PM.
Please email urcf-support if this will interfere with your work.
- New article: Compiling Vowpal Wabbit (machine learning software)
- New article: Compiling GAML (bioinformatics software)
- System-provided Octave 3.4.3 has been removed. In its place, Octave 4.0.0 has been installed. Use modulefile "octave/current"
- Big Data Genomics' ADAM 0.17.0 has been installed. Please see the ADAM article for details.
- Apache Spark 1.4.1 has been installed. Please see Apache Spark article for details.
- Interactive GUI applications may be run on compute nodes. Please see: Introduction to Using Proteus#Interactive Sessions
- Article on OpenMPI updated with new recommendation. mpirun should be run with the full path to the executable. This is provided by the MPI_RUN environment variable.
- New article added: Lustre Scratch Filesystem
- Leap second has been added with no adverse effects
- Matlab R2015a has been installed
- New article: Tips for Mac OS X Users
- New module for Intel Composer XE 2013 will pull in all components: intel/composerxe/2013.3.174 See article on Intel Compilers
- DIAMOND bioinformatics software has been installed, with instructions for compiling
- Some BLAST Databases have been installed with system-wide read-only access
- Samtools article created
- Bowtie article created
- Lighter has been installed
- Issue with running namd/intel/2015/openmpi/2.10 resolved. See Compiling NAMD#Locally-compiled version using Intel MKL
- Issue with MATLAB 2014b toolbox licenses resolved
- MATLAB GUI again usable from login nodes; to enable this, memory limit on user processes has been removed - computations requiring large amounts of memory must be submitted as cluster jobs
- Compiling VASP article updated
- Global h_rt limit will be reduced to 48 hours this week
- Instructions on requesting an interactive session on a compute node added: Introduction to Using Proteus#Interactive Sessions
- 4 AMD nodes are offline
URCF Proteus Documentation Wiki
You can login here with your Proteus account: select drexel_urcf in the dropdown menu on the login page. Please feel free to create and edit articles if you wish.
Documentation is being created as we go along. Please see the Recent Changes page for updates.
System Information and Policies
- Proteus web portal, showing current cluster status including job queue. The qstat command provides more information.
- Facility Description for Proposals
- Proteus Hardware and Software
- Job Scheduling Algorithm
- Introduction to Using Proteus
- Recommendations for Jobs
- Miscellaneous Tips
- Installing Software for Your Research Group
- Articles here are collected into Special:Categories
See also all the articles in the Category:Quick Start Guides
Other Online Documentation
Please contact URCF support via the issue tracking system:
This ensures a record is kept of your request and all work done for it.