Proteus is part of the University Research Computing Facility.
- Proteus is online
- Next downtime: TBA
Staff Out of Office
- David Chin will be out of the country with little internet access Jan 30 -- Feb 14, 2016.
- OpenFOAM computational fluid dynamics software has been installed.
- ParaView 4.4.0 has been installed.
- MATLAB article updated to include instructions for using MEX to compile C modules
- Git 2.7.0 has been installed
- Wiki updated to MediaWiki 1.26.0
- CD-Adapco's STAR-CCM+ 10.06.009 has been installed
- Intel Composer XE 2016.0.109 is now installed.
- Matlab R2015b is now available
- Added new section to article: Frequently Encountered Problems#Libraries Not Found
- New article (thanks to J. Wall): MPI for Python
- Python 3.5.0 is now available
- Corrected Job Script Example 02 Many Input Files -- index off by one error. Added second example where input files are named sequentially, but no separate file containing the filenames is available.
- Math rendering (use LaTeX as markup) now works, e.g. Right-click on rendered math for options.
- Text entry (e.g search) in the mobile view of this wiki is broken
- Password change after expiration is broken. See Introduction to Using_Proteus#Changing Passwords. Please email urcf-support for a manual reset.
- 4 AMD nodes are offline
URCF Proteus Documentation Wiki
You can login here with your Proteus account: select drexel_urcf in the dropdown menu on the login page. Please feel free to create and edit articles if you wish.
Documentation is being created as we go along. Please see the Recent Changes page for updates.
System Information and Policies
- Proteus web portal, showing current cluster status including job queue. The qstat command provides more information.
- Facility Description for Proposals
- Proteus Hardware and Software
- Job Scheduling Algorithm
- Introduction to Using Proteus
- Grid Engine Quick Start Guide
- Recommendations for Jobs
- Miscellaneous Tips
- Installing Software for Your Research Group
- Frequently Encountered Problems
- Articles here are collected into Special:Categories
See also all the articles in the Category:Quick Start Guides
Other Online Documentation
Please contact URCF support via the issue tracking system:
This ensures a record is kept of your request and all work done for it.
Please copy and paste any input you typed and resulting error messages in your email. Do not summarize, or try to reproduce the message from memory.
See also: Frequently Encountered Problems