Proteus is part of the University Research Computing Facility.
- 1 Thing 0 - NO DATA BACKUPS AT ALL
- 2 Getting Help
- 3 Service Status
- 4 Scheduled Downtime
- 5 Proteus Status
- 6 News
- 7 Known Issues
- 8 URCF Proteus Documentation Wiki
- 9 System Information and Policies
- 10 Getting Started
- 11 Useful Links
Thing 0 - NO DATA BACKUPS AT ALL
URCF DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY FORM OF BACKUP FOR USER AND RESEARCH GROUP DATA. DATA BACKUP IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH USER OR GROUP.
For some suggestions on backing up data, see Backup Solutions.
Please contact URCF support via the issue tracking system:
This ensures a record is kept of your request and all work done for it.
Please copy and paste any input you typed and resulting error messages in your email. Do not summarize, or try to reproduce the message from memory.
See also: Frequently Encountered Problems
Proteus is online. Please report irregularities to email@example.com
Trouble Changing Password?
Are you having trouble changing your password? Please see this: Introduction to Using Proteus#Changing Passwords
Proteus will have scheduled downtime roughly once every month.
- Next scheduled downtime: t.b.a.
Staff Out of Office
- SAS statistical software has been installed. Use is restricted to LeBow College of Business affiliates.
- BEAGLE (aka beagle-lib) bioinformatics software has been installed
- VSEARCH 2.7.1 has been installed
- Anaconda3 Python has been installed
- R 3.4.2 (Intel-only) and 3.4.3 (Microsoft R Open) have been installed
- LAMMPS stable-11Aug2017 has been installed
- Exonerate 2.4.0 (bioinformatics software) has been installed
- Text entry (e.g search) in the mobile view of this wiki is broken
- Password change after expiration is broken. See Introduction to Using_Proteus#Changing Passwords. Please email urcf-support for a manual reset.
- 4 AMD nodes are offline
URCF Proteus Documentation Wiki
You can login here with your Proteus account: select drexel_urcf in the dropdown menu on the login page. Please feel free to create and edit articles if you wish.
Documentation is being created as we go along. Please see the Recent Changes page for updates.
System Information and Policies
- Facility Description for Proposals
- Proteus Hardware and Software
- Job Scheduling Algorithm
- Introduction to Using Proteus
- Grid Engine Quick Start Guide
- Recommendations for Jobs
- Miscellaneous Tips
- Installing Software for Your Research Group
- Frequently Encountered Problems
- List of Online Resources
- Articles here are collected into Special:Categories
See also all the articles in the Category:Quick Start Guides
Other Online Documentation