Proteus and Picotte are part of the University Research Computing Facility.
- 1 Thing 0 - NO DATA BACKUPS AT ALL
- 2 Security Advisory
- 3 Talks and Workshops
- 4 Getting Help
- 5 Service Status
- 6 Scheduled Downtime
- 7 Cluster Status
- 8 News
- 9 Known Issues
- 10 URCF Proteus Documentation Wiki
- 11 System Information and Policies
- 12 Getting Started
- 13 Useful Links
Thing 0 - NO DATA BACKUPS AT ALL
URCF DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY FORM OF BACKUP FOR USER AND RESEARCH GROUP DATA. DATA BACKUP IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH USER OR GROUP.
For some suggestions on backing up data, see Backup Solutions.
Security advisory regarding Python/Conda/pip/PyPI
Numerous malicious packages have been uploaded to PyPI and Conda repositories. These malicious packages may be named slightly different from legitimate packages, i.e. they are using a technique called "typo-squatting". Please double check your commandlines before installation. If you think you may have installed a malicious package, please contact email@example.com
Talks and Workshops
Intro to Picotte for Proteus Users by D. Chin Thursday March 4, 2021 2pm - 3pm on Zoom - see email in URCFHPC-USERS-L
- Recordings of past workshops: URCF Workshops
Please contact URCF support via the issue tracking system:
This ensures a record is kept of your request and all work done for it.
Please copy and paste any input you typed and resulting error messages in your email. Do not summarize, or try to reproduce the message from memory.
See also: Frequently Encountered Problems
- By appointment, via Zoom. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment.
- Information about Drexel Zoom: https://drexel.edu/it/help/a-z/zoom/
- Proteus is online.
- Picotte is online.
Please report irregularities to email@example.com
Trouble Changing Password?
Are you having trouble changing your password? Please see this: Introduction to Using Proteus#Changing Passwords
- The Proteus web portal is not functioning. This wiki, and Ganglia are working as normal.
- The Picotte web user portal is running
Proteus will have scheduled downtime roughly once every month.
- Next scheduled downtime: t.b.a.
Staff Out of Office
- Picotte: GPU and big memory nodes have increased local scratch - 1.7 TB (up from 850 GB)
- New cluster Picotte open to all users
- Text entry (e.g search) in the mobile view of this wiki is broken
- Password change after expiration is broken. See Introduction to Using_Proteus#Changing Passwords. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a manual reset.
- 4 AMD nodes are offline
URCF Proteus Documentation Wiki
You can login here with your Proteus account: select drexel_urcf in the dropdown menu on the login page. Please feel free to create and edit articles if you wish.
Documentation is being created as we go along. Please see the Recent Changes page for updates.
System Information and Policies
- Facility Description for Proposals
- Proteus Hardware and Software
- Job Scheduling Algorithm
- Usage rates
- Introduction to Using Proteus
- Grid Engine Quick Start Guide
- Recommendations for Jobs
- Miscellaneous Tips
- Installing Software for Your Research Group
- Frequently Encountered Problems
- List of Online Resources
- Articles here are collected into Special:Categories
See also all the articles in the Category:Quick Start Guides